Sour, hot and spicy vegetables over rice
1 tofu square, cut into cubes
Bumbu (spice mixture):
- ½ cup long beans, chopped
- 4 baby corns, chopped
- 6 small red chilis
- 2 long green chilis (cut in
half lengthwise, remove seeds, and slice diagonally in ½-inch pieces)
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thickly
- 8 peté, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1½ Tbsp gula jawa (palm sugar)
- 1 Tbsp asem tua (mature tamarind)
- 1 tsp salt
- Fry tofu in oil until half done.
- Stir-fry vegetables in oil for a few minutes.
- Add tofu and 250 ml (1 cup) water.
- Add bumbu and simmer.
- Serve with rice and tempe and/or ayem goreng (fried tempe/chicken)